Our Working Parties
As a member of the society you will you have access to over 230 waters – both still and running; some owned by the society and others which are leased. The upkeep of such a large estate is considerable and Working Parties play a considerable part in maintaining and enhancing our outstanding fishing. All are led by a qualified supervisor who will have a plan for the work to be undertaken and will liaise with attendees about the tasks to be completed.
Typically Working Parties involve:
- Trimming and removing bank-side growth.
- Opening up new swims and clear others.
- Making stiles, mending fences, constructing bridges over ditches, etc.
- Making platforms so members can fish in comfort.
- Planting and pruning trees, making and erecting notice boards.
Attending a Working Party has significant benefits:
- Exclusively fish one of 40 waters closed each year for one month.
- Exclusively fish ALL new waters for the first 12 months.