- Prince Albert Angling Society needs to keep personal data about its committee, members, and ‘Friends of Prince Albert’ in order to carry out its activities.
- We will collect, store, use, amend, share, destroy or delete personal data only in ways which protect people’s privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant legislation.
- We will only collect, store and use the minimum amount of data that we need for clear purposes, and will not collect, store or use data we do not need.
- We will only collect, store and use data for:
- purposes for which the individual has given explicit consent, or
- purposes that are in the Societies legitimate interests, or
- contracts with the individual whose data it is, or
- to comply with legal obligations, or
- to protect someone’s life
- We will provide individuals with details of the data we have about them when requested by the relevant individual.
- We will delete data if requested by the relevant individual, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
- We will endeavour to keep personal data up-to-date and accurate.
- We will store personal data securely.
- We will keep clear records of the purposes of collecting and holding specific data, to ensure it is only used for these purposes.
- We will not share personal data with third parties without the explicit consent of the relevant individual, unless legally required to do so.
- We will endeavour not to have data breaches. In the event of a data breach, we will endeavour to rectify the breach by getting any lost or shared data back. We will evaluate our processes and understand how to avoid it happening again. Serious data breaches which may risk someone’s personal rights or freedoms will be reported to the Information Commissioner’s Office within 72 hours, and to the individual concerned.
- To uphold this policy, we will maintain a set of data protection procedures for our committee and members to follow.
How to make a complaint:
If you think your data has been misused or that we have not kept it secure, you can contact us at:
Prince Albert Angling Society
PO BOX 151
Or use the Secretary and general enquires form on any of our web pages.