Junior events and matches 2021
We have a substantial list of events and opportunities for juniors. See pages 26, 27 of the 2021 membership card.
Please find below IMPORTANT INFORMATION you will need.
- All Junior events are free and open to Junior and Intermediate members with the Exception of the Dennis Meredith Junior Pairs Match
- Parents and guardians are welcome to stay and take part at any organised junior event.
- All events must be booked through the Junior Development Officer
- Junior matches are also used as coaching and development days, so if you want to learn how to fish, we will provide tackle if you require it and coaching support for the day. Please state when booking.
- All Junior matches have trophies and prizes: Draw is 9:00 am – Fly Fishing and Clinics are registration 9:30 am.
- Certain events are limited numbers and will be booked on a first come first served basis.
- At the Junior Carp Challenge all participants must be supported by an ADULT throughout the competition.
- Further information is available in the Hook Line and Sinker magazine or by contacting the Junior Development Officer
When booking we require the following information as appropriate:
- Juniors full name • Membership Number • Address and Postcode • Name of guardian for the day
- Contact telephone number • Emergency contact number for on the day (for someone who is not at the event).
- Details of any special requirements i.e. disabilities, allergies, etc.
- Any tackle or coaching support required.
We look forward to seeing you. Tight lines.
2020 Dates (pdf)
Junior Matches / Teams and Coaching days
Come and join in. We are always looking to add to our teams and offer free coaching support. PAAS juniors are among some of the country’s best young anglers with titles such as, ‘Ladies Fish ‘ O’ Mania’, ‘National Junior Canal Champion’ and a variety of European and World representation – not to forget many high profile sponsorships among them. We are looking for Juniors from age 7 to 17 to join in our quest for the next PAAS junior star. So if you are just starting out, or already hard at it, get in touch and we can help, support, and guide you.
Our matches and coaching days are open to all junior members and non-members to take part in a series of 3 junior matches. Lots of prizes: £25 tackle voucher for 1st; £15 for 2nd; £10 for 3rd; and trophies for the top 3 for each match. So why not come along and have a go? Or just come along for some coaching from our professional coaches.
All PAAS events are FREE and open to Junior non-members 17 or under. All you have to do is book in for the event you want to attend.
To book and for more information email Peter via Junior Development Officer
The Prince Albert Angling Society
Junior Carp Challenge
The Junior Carp Challenge is an exciting opportunity for young carp anglers aged 17 or under on August 1st to show off their talent in a competition against some of the best young carpers in the country. This annual free event is fast becoming one of the premier junior competitions on the carp calendar.
The Dennis Meredith Shield
A Family Pairs Day held at Withnell Top Lake.
A great family day out fun day for all. Prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd
Refreshments available. Don’t Miss out Book now!
Contact Peter: Junior Development Officer
SPECIAL RULES FOR THIS EVENT
Members Only – This is the only Junior event for Members Only!
Match duration 4 hours
Fish together or on separate pegs
No long poles – maximum 4 metres
Float Fishing only
No Ledgering or Feeder tactics
DSO Contact Information
Peter Henery – Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO) and Junior Development Officer
Karl Humpries – Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO) and Game Fisheries Officer